India Reaffirms Resolve to Fight Cross-Border Terrorism

New Delhi rejects Pakistan’s dismissal of the ISI-linked terror network case and says efforts to combat terrorism will continue.

NEW DELHI, Aug 18: India on Tuesday reiterated its determination to combat terrorism in all its forms, with particular emphasis on threats linked to cross border networks, after Pakistan rejected allegations concerning an ISI backed terror module recently dismantled by Indian security agencies.

External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said New Delhi remains firmly committed to tackling terrorism and strengthening international cooperation against the threat. His remarks came after Pakistan described allegations made by Union Home Minister Amit Shah as an attempt to divert attention from its own internal security problems.

Shah had said on Monday that security agencies arrested more than 200 alleged operatives associated with the Shahzad Bhatti Network during coordinated operations across 14 states ahead of Independence Day. According to the Home Minister, the crackdown disrupted plans for carrying out attacks and exposed a network allegedly supported by Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence.

Jaiswal said terrorism remains a serious concern for India, which has faced repeated attacks over the years. He underlined that the country has worked to build stronger international efforts against terrorist organisations and their cross-border activities.

“Whatever action is required to be taken on that account to defeat the scourge of terrorism, we will continue to take,” the spokesperson said.

He added that the Indian government had already made its position clear regarding the dismantling of the Shahzad Bhatti Network and stood by its assessment of the operation.

According to Shah, security personnel recovered a range of suspected terror related material during the operations, including improvised explosive devices, grenades, firearms, ammunition and surveillance equipment such as CCTV cameras.

Pakistan rejected the allegations. Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi termed Shah’s claims baseless and accused India of invoking Pakistan in an effort to shift attention away from domestic security concerns.

The exchange comes amid continued tensions between the two neighbouring countries over terrorism and security issues.

Separately, Jaiswal expressed concern over developments in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, saying the situation there remained serious. He claimed that Pakistani security forces had carried out a crackdown that resulted in deaths and injuries, while restrictions had also affected access to essential commodities.

Jaiswal said the people in the region required international sympathy and solidarity, calling for greater attention to their difficulties.

India has consistently maintained that terrorism must be addressed through coordinated international action and that those responsible for supporting or facilitating terrorist activities should be held accountable. New Delhi’s latest statement reinforces its position that efforts to prevent terrorist threats, including those originating across its borders, will remain a key security priority.

Cross Border Terrorism