Independent , Honest and Dignified Journalism

After Delhi Blast, Police Collect Info on Foreign-Educated Doctors in Private Sector

Delhi Blast Probe: Police Seek Data on Foreign-Educated Doctors in Private Hospitals

New Delhi, Nov 29: Delhi Police have issued notices to private hospitals across the Capital, directing them to submit details of doctors who completed their medical education abroad, officials said on Saturday.

Under the directive, hospitals must provide records of doctors holding MBBS degrees from Pakistan, Bangladesh, the UAE, and China. Administrations have been asked to share names, credentials and current postings of all such foreign-educated practitioners working in Delhi’s private healthcare sector.

Part of Deepening Probe Into Red Fort Blast

The move comes as investigators intensify scrutiny of a suspected ‘white-collar’ terror module linked to the deadly car blast near the Red Fort on November 10, which killed 13 people and injured several others.

A high-level probe led by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has uncovered links to Jaish-e-Mohammed, revealing a network operating across multiple states.

Seven Arrested So Far

The NIA has arrested seven individuals in connection with the Hyundai i20 explosion allegedly driven by Dr Umar Muhammad, who died in the blast near the Lal Qila Metro station.

Those arrested include:

Dr Muzammil Shakeel (Pulwama, J&K)

Dr Adeel Ahmed Rather (Anantnag, J&K)

Dr Shaheen Saeed (Lucknow, UP)

Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay (Shopian, J&K)

Earlier arrests involved:

Amir Rashid Ali, registered owner of the blast vehicle

Jasir Bilal Wani, who offered technical assistance

Soyab, who allegedly sheltered Umar and provided logistical support

Investigators said the accused played key roles in planning and facilitating the attack.

Probe Continues

The NIA and Delhi Police are continuing coordinated operations as the investigation widens across states.

WhatsApp Channel